Where to Visit and Take Photos with Santa in Kansas City
Santa’s Wonderland is one of the most visually appealing spots to take photos with Santa in Kansas City. Fortunately, it’s also one of the most affordable. Santa’s Wonderland is located in Crown Center Square, just a block away from the iconic Union Station. With Christmas lights, decorations, and festive activities, it’s the perfect spot for a photo with Santa.
Let’s learn more about the Santa experience at Santa’s Wonderland:
Kansas City is home to some wonderful, family-friendly sites to visit Santa Claus. Whether you’re looking for a spot to halt the sleigh and take a few festive photos or have something more extravagant in mind, these places will leave you feeling full of cheer.
Here are some locations to keep in mind for meeting the jolliest of men:
- Crown Center Christmas Village – Located in downtown Kansas City, Crown Center is undoubtedly one of the most popular places for visiting Santa every year. Here you will find lots of fun holiday activities, shopping and shows. Of course, you can also meet and take photos with St. Nick in this winter wonderland.
- Legoland Discovery Centre – Celebrate the holidays in festive style at Legoland Discovery Centre! The center transforms into a wintery scene where kids can explore the LEGO® builds throughout Santa’s Workshop before stopping off at Santa’s Grotto to tell him what they want this Christmas.
- Country Club Plaza and Pavilions on Broadway – Get off Santa’s sleigh and explore two iconic shopping destinations while taking your photos with Kris Kringle! The Country Club Plaza lights up with millions of twinkles during the holiday season as well as one popular life-size igloo featuring visitors’ submissions of their holiday wishes. Then head over to Pavilions on Broadway for new adventures – oh, don’t forget about meeting good ol’ St. Nick too!
Hours of Operation
Santa’s Wonderland is open throughout the holiday season, offering families a number of activities and events for festive cheer.
We are open on the following days from November 20th – December 24th:
- Monday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday – Friday: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am – 9:00pm.
Public Holidays in December (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day) our hours may vary; on these days we open at 10am and close earlier than usual, just at 7.30pm to allow all of our helpers a chance to get home and enjoy some well deserved rest with family! Check our website before planning your visit as times can vary slightly on any given day.
We look forward to welcoming you to Santa’s Wonderland this holiday season!
Santa’s Wonderland is an enchanting winter wonderland, providing a unique festive experience for all ages. From shopping to hot chocolate and cookie making, there’s something for everyone to enjoy! Our list of activities includes a wide variety of festive fun, such as:
- Cookie decorating: Indulge in the holiday tradition of decorating cookies with frosting and sprinkles with Santa.
- Reindeer train ride: Kids and adults alike can take a romantic journey through Santa’s enchanted woodlands aboard this enchanting vehicle.
- Polar Vortex Chute slide: Feel willing snowflakes on your face on your descent into this snowy inflatable slide experience!
- Alpine Bobsled Track: Test your skills on our Alpine Bobsled track—a thrilling, twisting adventure that allows riders to control their own speed and direction.
- Ice Skating Rink: Enjoy the thrill of gliding across the ice at the beautiful outdoor rink located near the main square. Glide around with family or friends—it’s sure to be a blast!
- Enchantment Store Shopping Spree: Get ready for some serious holiday retail therapy at our Enchantment Store! Packed with toys, candy, clothing and more it’s sure to have something special for everyone.
- Santa Photos: Create lasting memories by capturing some photos with Santa himself! He will be delighted to share his cheerful message when you visit him in front of his magnificent Christmas tree in our central plaza each day during opening hours.
Country Club Plaza
Country Club Plaza is one of the most popular places to visit with Santa in Kansas City. This old-fashioned shopping center is located in the heart of Kansas City, and it’s a great place to bring the family to take photos with Santa. The iconic Spanish-style architecture is a great backdrop for your holiday photos, so you won’t want to miss this one!
The Country Club Plaza is located in Kansas City, Missouri and its surrounding area. The Plaza has something for everyone, including shopping, dining, art galleries and entertainment. With a total of 140 stores, restaurants and entertainment venues ranging from clothing to fine dining and unique specialty shops to large scale retailers like H&M and Apple, there is sure to be something for everyone at the Plaza.
Additionally, the Country Club Plaza offers numerous events throughout the year including car shows, holiday parties, concerts and festivals. With its easy access to public transportation and parking options galore, visitors can easily explore the area’s diverse offerings without ever having to leave their vehicle behind.
Whether you’re looking for a memorable shopping experience or an evening out with friends or family members – the Country Club Plaza has it all!
Hours of Operation
Santa and his team of helpers will be at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City throughout the 2019 holiday season. Visitors to the Country Club Plaza can expect to find Santa Claus in a custom-built, life-size train car located near 47th Street and Pennsylvania.
Santa will be available for photo opportunities Monday through Saturday, from 10:00am until 8:00pm, and Sunday from 12:00pm until 6:00pm – (Central Standard Time) starting on November 27th through December 24th. On Christmas Eve, Santa will be available for photos from 9:00am – 5:30pm. Pre-registration is not needed but families are encouraged to arrive early in order to receive a ticket which customers can use to reserve their spot in line.
In addition to taking photos with Santa Claus himself, families may bring their own cameras so they can ensure they capture these special moments. The train car area will be filled with festive decorations including a classic tree blanketed with ornaments and lights that children of all ages are sure to enjoy.
The Country Club Plaza, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is a unique shopping experience offering a combination of specialty stores and restaurants. This vibrant area attracts locals and tourists alike. There are many activities to be enjoyed at the Plaza, including:
- Shopping: Shopping at the Country Club Plaza is an experience to remember. From department stores and antiques to clothing boutiques and art galleries, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for something new or a vintage item, there are plenty of places to explore.
- Dining: Foodies will love exploring the diverse collection of international cuisines available on the plaza. From classic Mexican dishes to creative Japanese fare or classic American cuisine, visitors can enjoy meals from all over the world. Restaurants include top-rated steak houses and seafood restaurants as well as casual cafes with outdoor seating available.
- Entertainment: From live music performances to outdoor cinemas and seasonal festivals featuring local artisans selling their handmade crafts, the entertainment options at The Country Club Plaza are always evolving with something new to enjoy around every corner.
- Nightlife: As night falls upon the plaza you’ll find exciting bars and nightclubs still buzzing with life after dark—each one offering its own unique atmosphere where you can grab a few drinks with friends or dance until dawn in one of their lively nightclubs.
Santa Claus is making a stop at Union Station in Kansas City this season, and it’s a great place to take a family photo and spend a day of fun. Union Station is a historical landmark, featuring beautiful architecture and a unique atmosphere. There’s plenty to do inside the station and nearby, making it a great spot for a holiday photo session. Be sure to check out the Union Station Lights show, which features a brilliant light show every night.
Now let’s take a look at what you can expect from a photo session at Union Station:
Union Station serves as the historical hub of Kansas City’s public transportation system, built in 1914 and initially serving streetcar lines. In more recent decades, it has become one of Kansas City’s most popular attractions. Located in downtown at 30 West Pershing Road, Union Station offers a variety of activities and services for visitors.
At the heart of Union Station is its Holiday Wonderland; an interactive holiday celebration featuring a stunning million-light display in a five-block area. Here, you can take classic photos with Santa and his reindeer taking a timeout from their busy Christmas preparations to pose for pictures with store clerks dressed as elves for added fun! You will find traditional events like holiday caroling and fun activities like gingerbread house building contests that make Union Station an unforgettable experience during this festive season.
The skyline surrounding Union Station provides some fantastic iconic photo ops which always result in enchanting snapshots of the holidays –which make them great to share with distant family members who couldn’t make it to the festivities themselves!
Hours of Operation
The hours of operation for Union Station vary depending on the season.
- During peak summer months from June to August, the building is open daily from 8 am – 10 pm. The lobby is open from 8 am – 6 pm and drop-off or drive-through services are available until 7 pm. The retail stores in the building stay open until 10 pm.
- During fall and spring months, Union Station is open Sunday – Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm, and Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 10 pm. The Lobby is open daily until 6 pm and drop-off/drive-through services are available until 7pm. The retail stores once again stay open until 10 pm during these months.
- From December to February, Union Station is open daily from 8am – 6pm, with the Lobby closing at 5:00pm and drop-off/drive-through services offered until 4:30pm. The retail stores in the building close at 6:00pm during these months, but can be accessed through the side door from 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
Union Station in Washington, DC is a bustling transportation hub that is also home to a variety of activities and attractions. Whether you’re looking for an exciting day out, a place to explore with the family, or just somewhere to spend the afternoon, Union Station has something for everyone. The building itself dates back to 1907 and has been beautifully restored to its original glory.
Visitors can explore the National Postal Museum or take a relaxing stroll through the newly inaugurated Union Plaza. With live music, public art displays and interactive exhibits, there is plenty on offer within the station itself. History buffs can walk around some of the original spaces within Union Station like The Great Hall or visit one of its many shops, restaurants and cafes featuring everything from Mexican cuisine to French pastries.
Put on your walking shoes and explore some of DC’s most iconic attractions nearby. Take a guided tour of Capitol Hill and marvel at its magnificent architecture then stop by The White House and wave at all those special moments in history that were made here. Also in close proximity are Smithsonian Museums like The American Art Museum where you can view thousands of works from renowned American artists, or if you’re feeling more adventurous then hop on a free DC Circulator Bus that conveniently takes you down around National Mall with stops at Arlington National Cemetery & Jefferson Memorial along the way before returning back to Union Station after dark for one final spectacular sight – all bathed in turquoise lighting!
Kansas City is known for its festive holiday offerings, including visits with Santa! While you won’t want to miss traditional spots like the Country Club Plaza or Worlds of Fun, there are plenty of other festive places to visit and snap photos with Santa.
One such destination is Crown Center in Kansas City. Located just outside of downtown, Crown Center boasts two levels that overflow with holiday cheer. On the main level, visitors will find a tree-lined walkway and plenty of window displays featuring beloved holiday figures like Frosty the Snowman. Every Friday and Saturday through December 24th, visitors can also meet Santa at the Heartfelt Holiday homes or take advantage of Crown Center’s unique Pixie Post letters system that allows kids to write their letters (with help from helpful elves) and have them magically delivered directly to the North Pole!
Hallmark Cards is a great place to visit when you’re in Kansas City and looking to take photos with Santa. Hallmark stores have a dedicated area known as the “North Pole” where visitors can get their photos taken with Santa Claus and have the opportunity to pick out special Hallmark cards as well.
Let’s take a look at what else Hallmark Cards has to offer:
There are many festive locations throughout Kansas City where you can take photos with Santa. From indoor malls and outdoor gardens to local attractions, here are some of the top places to visit with St. Nick this holiday season.
Indoor Malls: Take advantage of the indoor malls in Kansas City and visit their selection of Christmas displays, carousels, and classic holiday decorations for a unique and fun Santa photo experience. Popular locations include Country Club Plaza (including its outdoor ice skating rink), Hawthorne Plaza Shopping Center, Lakeside Shopping Center, Zona Rosa, Michaels at Crown Center Square, Independence Center Holiday Market and Oak Park Mall’s Fantasy Flight tree.
Outdoor Gardens: Venture outdoors during the brisk winter months to take beautiful family photos near Kansas City’s festive landscape displays. Visit Powell Gardens’ Holiday in Lights exhibit or Powell Garden’s Prairieland Express Miniature Train Rides for a truly magical holiday feel in a natural setting mingled with lights & sounds. Plus, you can explore the grounds of neighboring William Allen White Park with its light sculptures installed by the city’s Parks & Rec department plus The Arboretum’s lightshow at Beaumont Park or (for a small fee) Winter Magic at Powell Gardens’ annual train show or visit Brookside Garden’s Festive Trail of Lights featuring 30 festive stops!
Local Attractions: Visit spots like Hallmark Visitors Center (complete with ornament trees & seasonal keepsakes), Hallmark Kaleidoscope for an interactive storefront installation that kids love playing inside (complete with an ice cream parlor!), Crown Center Square Skating Rink for holiday entertainment and snack stops , Longview Lake Tree Lighting & Santa Boat Parade for a wonderful boat parade display complete with food & Santa selfies around Longview Lake or for more unique backgrounds try Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead’s log cabin village displaying home-made crafts plus impressive gingerbread villages indoors too!
Hours of Operation
Hallmark Cards offers customers convenience, creativity, and variety when choosing cards for life’s special occasions. Customers can also pick up a card and have it delivered through the Hallmark store.
Here are the general hours of operation for Hallmark stores:
- Monday – Saturday: 9am – 9pm
- Sunday: 11am – 7pm
In some locations, additional hours of operation may exist to better serve our customers. Please be sure to check your local store’s operating hours or contact us to inquire about extended options. Our friendly staff is always willing to help you find exactly what you are looking for in any occasion – from birthdays and anniversaries, to celebrating major holidays and more!
Hallmark activities are a great way to bring friends and family together for an engaging and fun experience. From craft projects to outdoor adventures, there’s something for everyone in the Hallmark lineup of activities! Whether you’d like to make your own greeting cards or explore the outdoors, Hallmark has something that will bring a smile to everyone’s faces. Here is a breakdown of just some of the exciting opportunities Hallmark provides:
- Craft projects: Hallmark has a variety of fun craft projects for adults and children alike. Create your own personalized greeting cards, paint ceramics, design jewelry, sew blankets, embroidery designs and more!
- Outdoor Activities: Enjoy nature while having fun with friends and family by taking a hike or going on an adventure in your local park or forest. Get active with frisbee golf, fishing and kayaking lessons or just take it nice and easy while exploring trails.
- Indoor Activities: Enjoy activities in the comfort of your own home such as board games, card games and puzzles – perfect for romantic nights in with your special someone or time with the family. In addition to these classic entertainment options, there are plenty of new and innovative activities including escape rooms where teams work together to solve puzzles within a time limit.
- Gatherings: Planning special events just got easier with Hallmark events! From birthday parties where kids get creative painting pottery or tried-and-true ‘outdoorsy’ challenges such as scavenger hunts in the woods – you can be sure that great lasting memories will be created at every event! Have a smaller gathering but want something interesting? Try hosting game nights over movies – everyone will have an amazing time while contributing laughs during some friendly competition that brings everybody closer together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I take photos with Santa in Kansas City?
A: Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops in Kansas City is the ultimate holiday experience for families. Santa will be available for photos from November 17th to December 24th.
Q: What other holiday attractions are available at Bass Pro Shops?
A: At Bass Pro Shops, families can enjoy a variety of holiday attractions including a free 4D holiday movie, an interactive Santa’s Wonderland Express train ride, holiday crafts and activities, and a free holiday gift with a qualifying purchase.
Q: Is there a fee to take photos with Santa?
A: No, there is no fee to take photos with Santa at Bass Pro Shops in Kansas City. You can purchase professional photos with Santa, though.